Authentic leadership is moving past the paralysis of perfection; keep moving forward with intentional belief success is yours. When I coach executives and teams on projects, 99% of the time what is holding them back to gleaning extraordinary success is the mindset of perfection. I call this the paralysis of perfection; you remain the same and glean the same results because you are unable to move forward.
Waiting for perfection often leaves you at the starting gate in the paralysis of EVERYTHING and EVERYONE must be perfect before you start. My advice to you, start even if it is ugly!
Life is not a straight line from start to finish; you have stop signs, obstacles, distractions, and tall buildings to climb toward your finish line to success. When living your authentic-self doors of opportunity you did not see before will appear. . . now which one will you choose? Below are guidelines to moving forward without perfection and finding the door(s) of opportunity you seek.
5 Ways to Authentic Leadership (Self)
- Potential: Keep compounding interest (knowledge) on your strengths through coaching, educational opportunities, and mentoring others.
- Gifts and Strengths; when you compound knowledge you become the ‘wisdom’ expert in your field.
- Weakness; address weakness, be aware of them but do not dwell in weakness. Know what you’re potential and delegate area’s you do not excel in.
- What You Want: Knowing what you want and understanding the belief “I can’t” simple does not exist if you are moving in and toward your potential. Everything is obtainable within your gifts, talents, and strengths. Yes, everything is obtainable within your gifts, talents, and strengths with the right attitude!
- Character of Achievement: Character is your solid-foundation in supporting sustainable success. Authentic leadership (self) is your self-image and belief you can move toward your goals and finish with celebrated success.
- Perfection: Your beliefs, dreams, passions, and growth to your desired goal. Perfection is who you are right now; this is the celebrated success of your perfection!
- Celebration: If you love what you are doing, you are NOT willing to lose it.
- Celebrate Wins: if you have a goal of closing 20 clients and 3 have signed. This is a time to celebrate the 3! These clients deserve your best in attitude and achievement of 3! And 3 is better than 0.
- Celebrate Losses: taking time to learn and glean from losses creates bigger wins for tomorrow.
Authentic leadership is staying in love with what you love and allowing it ignites others; remember when you are living and celebrating your unique self; everyone wants what you are having.
“It doesn’t matter where you have been in the past or where you find yourself today. Growth comes from a positive attitude and the willingness to challenge your self-belief. Courage is the gift of becoming the person you are meant to be. The seeds of courage fuel your heart for change and the aspiration to possess the perfection of your dreams.” ~ Tracy Worley
Law of Character is the solid foundation to your life and life stance. Core of your character is your values, beliefs, experiences, and set points. Your dominate thoughts is what you will attract or detract from your success. Be firm with yourself by creating a solid-foundation of belief!
Law of the Lid is the limitation of achieving higher than you can today. A lid inhibits your ability to be more tomorrow than you are today. What self-limiting belief are you stating to be true? See yourself where you want to be and delete the truths you no longer need or want to hold true.
Law of Perfection is your beliefs, dreams, passion, and growth. Through humble learning you can find ‘perfection’ in your purpose, desires, passions, dreams, and value. Perfection is the truth you hold true and set new truths toward your success. Do not wait for ‘perfection’ as the world sees it, step forward without knowing the next step because life is messy and to achieve Authentic Leadership you must model perfection of not knowing ‘everything’ before moving forward. Step out of the paralysis of perceived perfection and move into your perfection of belief!
Law of Celebration is unfolding a more meaningful and greater expression of your leadership purpose. Success is staying in love with what you love and allowing it to ignite others to their authentic leadership style. Remember, when you are living and celebrating your authentic self; “they want what you are having.” If you love it, you are not willing to lose it.
Look UP & OUT!
Tracy Worley (2015) Authentic Leadership, Authentic Self
Tracy A. Worley (2015) GRACEbreak Radio